|Posted on December 9, 2013 at 12:40 AM||comments (0)|
Is it just me, or did this year FLY by?! I cannot believe it is already December 8th! It feels like winter is in full force here in the Midwest - snow, cold, and more snowy cold. In just a few short weeks not only will it be Christmas, but it will also be New Years! A whole new year - let that sink in for a moment… 2014 - 14! Again, is it just me, or WHOLE-MOLEY 2014?! I feel like I am getting old super quick - 2014 = turning the big 30 for me… that’s another post for another day…
Ok, enough about getting old, let’s move on to getting dressed up and looking H.O.T.!!!
Here are a few of my fave outfits that I found on Pinterest. I don’t know that I will be doing anything that will have me getting this dressed up, but if I did I would totally try one of these.
Lots of sparkle and glam - Yes PLEASE!
(ok, side note here - I HATE when I get on Pinterest and can’t find the original link to the photo. All of these are from Polyvore, but the actual links to the original pages are a bust - ugh!)
So, what are your big plans to ring in the New Year? Are you going to glam it up, or play it cool and cozy?
|Posted on November 18, 2013 at 5:45 PM||comments (0)|
*Failsauce alert!* I failed to take photos of my BirchBox that I received this month. I blame it on the chocolate that they sent…I tore into that thing faster than white on rice!
Aside from the obvious chocolate love, the box was a good one this month. Not a slam dunk, but good.
Image from - www.birchbox.com
Ghirardelli® Chocolate Bar - SO delicious! I mean let’s be honest, how could it not be?
LA FRESH® Oil-Free Face Cleanser, Scented - I generally don’t do well with scented facial products, so I might skip on these. No need to, knowingly, walk head first into an all out breakout. #notcool
Tiossan Body Cream - This was nice, not life changing, but it did the job.
Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir - I actually bought the full size bottle a few weeks ago, so needless to say I love this! I love love LOVE this scent.
Chella Highlighter Pencil - I don’t generally use highlighter pencils, but I am going to give this one a shot and see how I like the results.
Color Club® Cocktail Hour Collection - Truth be told, I have been less than impressed with my last bottle of Color Club. It chipped and flaked within 24 hours of application. That’s doing the same routine that I use when I apply Essie polish. I painted my nails on Friday and so far this polish has fared much better. Nice color, no chipping yet, easy application in 2 full coverage coats.
So - what did you get this month? Were blown away, or left wanting for more?
|Posted on November 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM||comments (0)|
I’ve seen this picture floating around in Pinterest land, and thought that it was a great idea! I have been keeping my eyes out for a cookie jar, or something like it, for quite awhile with no luck.
*link to the website for this image was no good. If you know who it belongs to let me know!*
While hubby and I were out and about at a local antique mall, I found this bad boy! Not a cookie jar, but it is a cool old coffee jar!
I wasn’t very thrilled with the slightly banged up lid, so I decided to give it a nice coat or 2 of my fave spray paint color - Blue Ocean Breeze by Krylon.
I let it dry, filled it up, and sat back to enjoy my new nail polish jar! I already had the spray paint, and the jar was only $10, so all in all it wasn’t a bad day for this project!
I love that I can see all - or mostly all - of my colors and can keep them all in one place!
|Posted on October 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM||comments (0)|
Alright, alright, I am back! I am sure I could come up with a butt load of excuses, but really who wants that!? So let’s get this showboat on the road and talk about some amazeballs hair products!
I don’t know how I lived without these products for so long!!!
- amika: Heat Defense Serum - This stuff rocks my socks off. I recently purchased a curling wand, and have been straightening my hair more and more. SO, I needed something to protect my hair from all the extra heat. This stuff smells AMAZING - like I wish I could buy it as a perfume! , it protects my hair, and feels amazingly soft as I style my hair.
- amika: Blow Up Spray - This was actually my first amika purchase, which led to the Heat Defense Serum, and I am so glad I picked it up. I spray this on my roots and lightly through my locks right after every shower. It helps protect against heat, gives my hair a little umph, and helps my hair dry just a little quicker.
- Agadir Argan Oil: Spray Treatment - The description on the bottle says it all- “Instantly repairs and adds elasticity to dry, damaged, frizzy hair.” And my friends, that is exactly what it does! Smells great - see a trend here?, is amazingly refreshing for my super dry bleached hair, and helps dry my hair SO MUCH QUICKER!
I use these 3 products on my hair EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. I HIGHLY recommend these 3 products (any or all) for anyone needing to jump start their daily hair routine. All of these thoughts are my own. Just sharing the love of some kick butt products!
What products are you currently loving? Anything special to help you get through these dry wintery months?
|Posted on September 28, 2013 at 3:35 PM||comments (0)|
I have a love / hate relationship with fall. I LOVE everything about it, but I HATE that it eventually leads to winter.
Here are a few of my favorite things about fall…..
What are some of your favorite things about fall?
|Posted on September 25, 2013 at 8:35 PM||comments (0)|
Whoa! Seriously people, where did the month go?! One minute it’s Labor Day, and the next thing I know it’s the last week of the month!
I am going to squeak this in before it jumps to Christmas! I know, I went there, and now you hate me for making you think of just how little time you have left before the end of the year… true story!
So, this month’s Birchbox was actually quite nice and well rounded.
RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer
- Personally, I am always up for trying a new nail polish brand, especially when it’s a fun bright color! This nailpolish won’t make me change brands - love me some Essie - but it did the job and has yet to chip off my toes, over a week later.
Yes To™ Blueberries Cleansing Facial Towelettes
- I love having stuff like this to toss in my purse! You never know when you will need a towel to wipe your extra make up off. I use this brand or Ponds on a daily basis, just depends on what is on sale.
amika Blow Up Spray
- Ok, this stuff is AH-MAZING! People please listen up when I tell you to go buy this. Right now! Go on.. I will hold…. Got it? Ok, so this stuff is great for getting that extra fluff in your hair without getting crazy pants frizzy. When I dry my hair it usually explodes into a big.hot.mess. It’s not pretty. I usually forgo using any volumizing due to it making the hot mess hair even hotter - it happens, believe me. I just spray this around on my damp hair, dry like normal, and bam! Just the right amount of umph without being OMG!
Yes To™ Grapefruit CC Cream
- I have yet to try this, honestly. It looks a bit dark for my semi pasty complexion. I love my M.A.C. foundation and would be hard pressed to switch. I probably won’t end up using this anytime soon.
Racinne Ultimate Youth Power Eye Serum
- I have only been using this 2 nights in a row, and I guess it’s ok. I am not a big night cream kinda gal, so this may or may not get used up.
So what did you get this month? Anything you totally love?
|Posted on August 27, 2013 at 5:40 PM||comments (0)|
I generally start out the day with good intentions. To eat healthy, exercise, make healthy dinners,… etc. But then I get home from work, totally tuckered out and feeling lazy. So on this fatefully day I tried something new, easy, and in the end, quite tasty! Biscuit pizzas!
Preheat your oven to 350 and start assembling each pizza
Stretch out and flatten each biscuit so that it is now about twice its original size. (we used the Wal-Mart brand of biscuits, but any type will work)
Next add pizza sauce. Now, here is where I would change something up just a little. Add slightly more than you think you will want. When we finished eating ours I felt like they were a tiny bit dry. A touch more sauce would have been perfect.
Then it’s time for toppings! We are a simple household, just cheese please!
Cook for about 15 mins(depends on your oven really). If you are worried about them burning, then start with 10 mins and then check on them and add time as needed.
These were so quick, easy, and tasty! I will definitely be making these again, especially when I am feelin extra lazy after a long day of work, lol!
Do you have an easy, go to dinner recipe?
|Posted on August 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM||comments (0)|
I love going on vacations! I love going to new places, combing beaches for treasures, and spending time exploring! One thing I always do however, is bring home TONS of little treasures, and then promptly forget where I found them. I don’t know if I made this up on my own, read about it in a magazine, or found it on Pinterest, but it is such a cute idea!
Next time you go on vaca try picking up a couple larger stones (any size will do, but something the size of your palm works best) that are fairly smooth and sit evenly on a hard surface. Then when you get home, give them a good scrubbing and then paint a simple design that reminds you of your vaca. Sign it with your name, and the names of others if they went with you, the date, and location where you found it. That way you always have a fun and personal keepsake of your vacation!
Here is the stone I made once a friend and I returned from our vaca to Holland, MI.
I loved visiting the lake and all of the different beaches. On our last day there I picked this stone up on the beach and new exactly what I had in store for it. A few quick sketches of beach grass and waves….
I then started to fill it in using some paint markers I had on hand. Beach grass and then the shore….
After a few mins of dry time, I started in on the waves. I used some acrylic paint in light and medium blue….
Once the waves were fully dry (10 mins or so) I added some little white dots with a paint pen to highlight the waves. I then signed the back and gave the entire thing a good coating of clear varnish!
I think it turned out SO CUTE! I love having it sit out on my garden bench. Every time I go out to water the plants I see it and think back to that lovely little getaway in Holland, MI.
|Posted on August 25, 2013 at 5:10 PM||comments (0)|
This month’s Birchbox seemed like one of their better boxes. It was a nice mix of body, face, and makeup items of which I have thoroughly enjoyed.
- This was an interesting fragrance at first. I didn’t care for the smell when I first put it on, but as the day went by I found myself liking it more and more. I used the entire sample bottle within a few days. I might consider buying the full size bottle for fall!
- I am sure this product is great… I mean all day staying power? Who wouldn’t want that? I tried this color and about keeled over. I am not a red fan in any way shape or form. I was hoping it wouldn’t be as bright as the tub so clearly suggested, but boy was I wrong! It was BRIGHT SOLID RED! I applied it and then proceeded to scrub it off my lips so as not to scare my poor work folk, who would have thought I decided to drench my lips in blood before coming to work lol!
- I actually LOVED the facial cream, and might have bought the full sized bottle had I not just bought a new jar of my go-to cream from M.A.C. Maybe next time!
- This was a so-so item in my book. I have longer hair and really only got 2 uses out of this bottle, so it was hard to gauge how much it worked.
- This lotion has a nice subtle fragrance and normal staying power. I use it once or twice a day at my desk and find that it works quite nicely. I don’t have dry skin really, so lotion is just not that big of a deal for me.
What did you get this month? Did you receive the RED lip stick/stain? And more importantly, did you wear it and like it?
|Posted on August 19, 2013 at 9:55 PM||comments (0)|
For my hubby. I love you, and always will!